As a Shasta customer, you’ll never be in the dark about what’s going on in your backyard. By providing regular communications throughout every phase, we keep you informed about what’s to come – including profiles and photos of the Shasta employees who will be visiting your home. Please take a few minutes to familiarize yourself with the stages of the pool construction process below.
After the design process, we stake out and spray paint the waterline of your pool in your yard. This not only gives you an idea of how the pool will fit into your outdoor space, but it also gives our construction experts vital information on how your yard drains so that we can make sure your project lasts a lifetime.
In some cases, we’ll have to take down a portion of your fencing to access your backyard for the excavation process. We’ll give you a few days’ notice so you can make sure your pets are secured. We’ll then dig out the shape and depth of your pool according to your design. We take our time with this process to make sure it’s done right – so don’t be surprised when you hear our crew arrive at daybreak!
Structural Steel is the steel reinforcement that creates the backbone of your pool to give it added strength per the plans. It consists of a series of bars specifically engineered for your pool design requirements. At Shasta we use a steel in the top of the shell that is twice as thick as the industry standard. Because we believe that this type of investment should last a lifetime.
Depending on which cleaning system you have chosen, you could have over 200 feet of plumbing under your pool floor! We pressure test our plumbing lines, checking pressure readings multiple times during construction to ensure that all aspects of your hydraulic system is safeguarded. Our plumbers follow drafted plumbing schematics to the last detail to ensure the highest level of quality and safety.
Once the plumbing and equipment are successfully installed, your new pool is ready for the electrical equipment, including lights. Because the electrical components of your pool will need to be connected to the electricity box near your home, our electrical crew will bring in a trencher that will dig a 6″ to 12″ trench from your electric panel to the pool equipment. It is important that you mark and/or expose any sprinkler or drip lines that must be protected. If there are other plants or obstructions that need safeguarding, it’s important to do so before the crew arrives to begin this phase of construction.
Your pool’s structure is built with reinforced steel rebar, spaced closely together to offer strength and long-term durability. Once the frame is built, the wiring is installed by our experienced electrical crew. The next step will be to have a city inspector sign off on the work done so far. We will then bring in our Shotcrete crew. This is a fascinating process where the Shotcrete, which is like concrete, is blown through what looks like a firehose onto your pool’s frame. Your kids will enjoy watching our skilled craftsmen at work as they carefully sculpt and smooth the interior of your pool.
Next comes any hardscaping you included in your design. This could be any number of paver materials you chose for your backyard or stone facia for the raised areas of your swimming pool. We’ll then build your pool deck according to your design specifications.
In this phase, that may mean adding the beautiful waterline tile that will give your swimming pool a distinct style, although sometimes, such as in the case of paver decking, the waterline tile gets installed before the decking. Tile is available in a variety of styles, colors, and patterns. During this phase, our construction crew will install six inches of waterline tile at the top of your swimming pool shell. This means the water of your pool will rest at about the midpoint of your tile.
Once the Shotcrete has cured and the decorative waterline tile has been installed in your new swimming pool, our construction crew can begin applying the interior finish. This can be a one- or two-day process, depending on what type of interior finish you choose. Plaster or quartz interior finishes will take only one day to apply, while stone interiors require two days. Since the installation of interior surfaces requires care and expertise, Shasta Pools is proud to be the only local pool builder to do 95 percent of this important phase with its own crews. The other 5 percent are some of the best hand-picked trade partners. It’s too important to leave to just anyone to complete, so we make sure to work with the best professionals available.
Both prior to the interior finish application and once construction is complete, we’ll get to work cleaning up after ourselves. We’ll remove construction debris, put your fence back up, rake and clean up the surrounding landscaping. We’ll then fill your pool with your hose, start up your equipment and balance your water chemistry so that your pool is swim ready.